If your company is using Microsoft Azure, you can leverage SSO to access Rhumbix instead of your normal email/password combination. Many users enjoy using SSO more than the normal login because it's one less email/password combination they have to look up or remember, and it allows organizations to fully utilize their SSO capabilities. This guide will provide step-by-step instructions on how to set up Microsoft Azure to sync Rhumbix and Azure.
To configure your Azure Active Directory to access Rhumbix:
- Sign in as a Global Admin for your Azure account. Click on Azure Active Directory from your Dashboard.
- Make sure you are using the Active Directory that contains the users you want to be able to use SSO with Rhumbix. If you need to switch to a different one, select Switch Tenant near the top left.
On the Rhumbix Login Page, have an Azure Global Admin enter in their email address that is contained in the active directory. This MUST exactly match the email address that is being used in Rhumbix. Click Next.
- Select Sign in with Microsoft.
- Enter your password if you are not already logged in to your MS account, and accept the permissions. That user should now be logged in to Rhumbix.
- Go back to the window which had your Active Directory information open. Click on Enterprise Applications on the left bar.
- You should now see Rhumbix listed in your list of applications. If you want to change user settings, you can follow the next optional steps.
- (Optional) Click on Rhumbix. If you want to restrict what future users can use SSO within this AD, click on Properties on the left side bar.
- (Optional) Toggle settings as needed. Default and unrestricted settings are shown. If you select User Assignment Required, you will need to manually add users and/or groups within the Users and Groups or Self-Service pages on the left sidebar.
Please note that these groups are for your own internal provisioning purposes only, and will not impact how groups are configured within Rhumbix. For more information on setting up Groups in Rhumbix, click here.
If you are currently using Microsoft Azure and would like to set up SSO login on Rhumbix, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager for more information.
You can always find more information on how to set up your Rhumbix Account on our Support Center.