As a key component of T&M Tracking and Timekeeping, Rhumbix makes it easy to add your Budget Cost Codes to your account. Cost Codes and Budget are managed on a project level, meaning they are project specific.
To upload Cost Codes onto your Rhumbix Account:
- Click here to download Rhumbix's Budget Template CSV.
- In the blank file, enter in your Cost Code, Description, Group, Budget Units, Budget Quantities, and Budget Hours. Please note that items marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Once complete, be sure to save your CSV file.
- Cost Code: Enter your cost code for the specific task.
- Description: Enter a description of the specific task.
- Group: Enter a grouping or category for the specific task.
- Budget Units: Enter the unit used to measure that task. Some examples include pc (percent complete), hr (hours), ea (each).
- Budget Quantities: Enter the quantity budgeted for that task.
- Budget Hours: Enter the number of hours budgeted for that task.
- Log onto your Rhumbix Dashboard.
- Under Project Settings, click on Budget.
- Select the project you would like to add the cost codes onto at the top of the page.
- Click upload on the top left of the page.
- You will then see some instructions on how to prepare the CSV file. If you have already completed the steps above, you can scroll down and locate "Step 2" on the page. From here, you can drag the CSV file or click on "Select a File" to locate and add it on.
- Click next to confirm and your CSV will upload and populate in your Rhumbix Dashboard.
Alternatively, you can also add Cost Codes manually directly on your Rhumbix Dashboard.
To add Cost Codes manually:
- Make your way to the Budget page by clicking on Budget under Project Settings.
- Click on Add Row at the top of the page.
- Enter in your Cost Code in the red fields that populate below. Keep in mind that the sections with asterisks (*) require an entry.
Once your Cost Codes are entered in on this page, it will be displayed in grid format below. You can click on any of the column headers to sort as you'd like, or utilize the search bar above the grid to look up individual Cost Codes in your list.
You can always find more information on how to set up your Rhumbix Account on our Support Center.