As a key component of T&M Tracking, Rhumbix makes it easy to add your Materials onto your account. Materials are added on a per-project basis so they can be included in different field form workflows.
To upload Materials onto your Rhumbix Account:
- Click here to download Rhumbix's Template CSV.
- In the blank file, enter in your Material Name, Description, Units, Part Number, Unit Price, and Group. Please note that items marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Once complete, be sure to save your CSV file.
- Material Name: The name given for the item.
- Description: A brief overview of that item.
- Units: The measurement term used for that item (ex. ea, ft, in, etc.).
- Part#: The specific part number or reference number used for that item.
- Unit Price: The cost value for that item.
- Group: A grouping or category that item would fall under (ex. wires, bags, pipes, misc.).
- Log onto your Rhumbix Web App.
- Under Company Settings, click on Materials.
- Click upload on the top left of the Materials page.
- You will then see some instructions on how to prepare the CSV file. If you have already completed the steps above, you can scroll down and locate "Step 2" on the page. From here, you can drag the CSV file or click on "Select a File" to locate and add it on.
- Click next to confirm and your CSV will upload and populate in your Rhumbix Dashboard.
Alternatively, you can also add Materials manually directly on your Rhumbix Dashboard.
To add Materials manually:
- Make your way to the Materials page by clicking on Materials under Company Settings.
- Click on Add Row at the top of the page.
- Enter in your Materials information in the red fields that populate below. Keep in mind that the sections with asterisks (*) require an entry.
Once your Materials are entered in on this page, it will be displayed in grid format below. You can click on any of the column headers to sort as you'd like, or utilize the search bar above the grid to look up individual Materials in your list.
If you'd like to assign Materials to a project, your Materials must exist in your Company Settings page first. To assign Materials to a project:
- Go to Materials under Project Settings. If you haven't already, select a project and click apply.
- Click Add Row at the top.
- Double-click in the red box and select your Materials from the drop-down menu.
You can always find more information on how to set up your Rhumbix Account on our Support Center.