As a key component of T&M Tracking, Rhumbix makes it easy to add your Equipment onto your account. Equipment can be managed on a company or project level, and adding Equipment to a single project will automatically upload it to the company list. Any Equipment added to the company list can be selected on the project settings page to be included on a specific project.
To upload Equipment onto your Rhumbix Account:
- Click here to download Rhumbix's Equipment Template CSV.
- In the blank file, enter in your Equipment ID, Caltrans ID, Type, Description, and Status (Rented / Owned). Please note that items marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Once complete, be sure to save your CSV file.
- Equipment ID: A code or keyword that references that piece of equipment.
- Caltrans ID: Mainly used in the West Coast, the Caltrans ID is a part of a system used to identify equipment. Most of the time, you will not need to enter in information here so we do not require it for adding equipment.
- Type: A grouping or category for that piece of equipment (ex. saw, vehicle, etc.)
- Description: A brief description of that piece of equipment. This section can be used to add notes etc.
- Status (Rented / Owned): You can mark the equipment as a rental from another company, or if it is owned by you.
- Log onto the Web App.
- Under Company Settings, click on Equipment.
- Click upload on the top left of the Equipment page.
- You will then see some instructions on how to prepare the CSV file. If you have already completed the steps above, you can scroll down and locate "Step 2" on the page. From here, you can drag the CSV file or click on "Select a File" to locate and add it on.
- Click next to confirm and your CSV will upload and populate in your Rhumbix Dashboard.
Alternatively, you can also add Equipment manually directly on your Rhumbix Dashboard. However, this will add the Equipment to the account and not to a project specifically. To add Equipment manually:
- Make your way to the Equipment page by clicking on Equipment under Company Settings.
- Click on Add Row at the top of the page.
- Enter in your Equipment information in the red fields that populate below. Keep in mind that the sections with asterisks (*) require an entry.
Once your Equipment is entered in on this page, it will be displayed in grid format below. You can click on any of the column headers to sort as you'd like, or utilize the search bar above the grid to look up individual Equipment in your list.
If you'd like to assign Equipment to a project, your Equipment must exist in your Company Settings page first. To assign Equipment to a project:
- Go to Equipment under Project Settings. If you haven't already, select a project and click apply.
- Click Add Row at the top.
- Double-click in the red box and select your Equipment from the drop-down menu.
You can always find more information on how to set up your Rhumbix Account on our Support Center.